New Afghan Wars 1988-2003 version 2 packaged together with a new version of Vietnam and India War for AOD
new map ~ new units ~ new nations ~ new ministers ~ new leaders ~ new technologies ~ new events ~ new music ~ new sprites
Contains 3 Scenarios with 83+ new textured map provinces in Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq. 55+ new cold war and post cold war units, integrated modern tech tree and numerous other improvements. And it's all vanilla friendly with AOD 1.5.
- Caspian Sea and Great Lakes are navigatable.
- Volga River route from Stalingrad to the Caspian Sea.
- Volga-Don Canal and event for access from Black Sea to Caspian Sea.
- Erie Canal in USA.
- St. Lawrence Canal in Canada.
- Canals in Leningrad and through Lake Ladoga to White Sea.
- Mississippi river canal route.
- New port availability in Antwerp, Stalingrad, Akaba, Grozny, Baku, Iran, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, and Chicago.
- Rail though non-access not-at-war country in Balachistan.
- Sell nuclear reactor event.
- Economic markets events.
- Annual tax policy event.
- Drug income event.
- High IC Doubler gives option to increase IC nation wide.
- Early Camel cavalry sprite for middle east nations.
Afghan Wars (1988 - 2003)
Start out in 1988 and proceed though the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan, PDPA collapse, tribal warlords anarchy, Taliban period events and September 11th attacks to past the 2003 USA invasion of Iraq. Includes all 3 Iraq wars, conflicts in Chechnya, Kurdistan, Somalia, Kashmir, Lebanon/Syria, Ethiopia/Eritrean and Yemen.
Playable countries: Afghanistan, USSR, PDPA, USA, UK, Saudi Arabia, Pashtun mujahiddin, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Hezbe, Jamiet and Al Qaeda. NATO troops are represented.
Also included are Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Georgia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Armenia, China, India, Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Yemen, Kuwait, Kashmir, Kurdistan, Somalia, Sudan, Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Egypt, Palestine, Ethiopia and Eritrean.
The PDPA (Peoples Democratic Party of Afghanistan) later becomes the Northern Alliance and the Pashtun mujahiddin later becomes the Taliban in 1994. This way, you can play the whole scenario as one of these countries.
Paradox Interactive's Arsenal of Democracy (AOD) version 1.5. May not be compatible with previous versions.
FRVP ~ Creator of the Vietnam & Afghan Wars Mod